Tours To Krishnagiri | Krishnagiri Tourism
Krishnagiri Tourism - The Krishnagiri district has hills and valleys with innate scenic beauty, waterfalls ponds and lakes, reservoirs, historical forts, other monuments.Contact us for all Tour Tourism / Travel Needs E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorials to people and museums which add multiplicity to tourist attractions. It was the birthplace of Dr. C. Raja- gopalachari, the first Governor General of free India, who was born at Thorapally near Hosur. This place attracts tourists and is ornamented with a lot of temples. Krishna refers to black and giri refers to hill.We Arrange Tours all Over India / Across the Globe. For Car Rentals, Hotel & Bookings Contact us at email@example.comThis district is gifted with black granite hillocks and named Krishnagiri. Krishna Deva Raya also once ruled this region and therefore it might have been named after
The Arulmigu Maragathambigai Chandra Choodeswarar Temple is located in Hosur on National Highway 7 and most of the pilgrims come from Karnataka
Tour to Krishnagiri - There are several places of interest in the Krishnagiri district. The Krishnagiri Dam was constructed in between 1955-57 AD. It is located at about 10 kms away from Krishnagiri.Flower gardens have been developed on either side of the dam in an area of 50 acres. Several thousand acres of land is irrigated under this project. It is a good picnic spot. A children's park is well maintained by the Public Works Department.The Kelevarapalli Dam was completed in 1995 AD. It is situated at a distance of 10 kms from Hosur. It is only 8 kms away from Karnataka State. Thally , known as " Little England " is about 25 kms from Hosur. It is on the border of Tamil Nadu adjoining Karnataka. It is situated in valleys and cliffs.Krishnagiri
Tourism and the climate is very pleasant and experiences cold and cloudy weather resembling England and therefore referred to as 'Little England' since the British days.
This temple stands on a hillock beside this temple a children's park and an observatory has been setup by the tourism department.Krishnagiri could be very easily reached as it is well connected with the rest of the state as well as outside through roadways, railways and airways. Krishnagiri is the headquarters of Krishnagiri District in Tamil Nadu. The district was earlier known as Ariyalur District. Krishnagiri is full of black granite hillocks, and hence named as Krishnagiri (Krishna refers to 'black' and giri refers to 'hill’).You can gorge upon the world’s tastiest mangoes here at Krishnagiri. One of the most industrialized places in India, Hosur, is located in this district.
Tourist attractions in Krishnagiri
Some of the famous tourist attractions in Krishnagiri are the -
- Krishnagiri Dam: Built in between the years 1955-57, this dam is a good picnic spot located about 10 km away from Krishnagiri. Sprawling over an area of 50 acres, either side of the dam is adorned with beautiful flower gardens.
- Arulmigu Maragathambigai Chandra Choodeswarar Temple: Located in Hosur on National Highway 7, this temple stands on a hillock. Beside the temple are a children's park and an observatory, setup by the tourism department.
- Government Museum: The museum houses exhibits from various subjects such as Archeology, Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Geography, etc, and is a means to spread the tradition and heritage, culture and art of the region.
- Thally: Nestled amidst valleys and cliffs, this place experiences cold and cloudy weather resembling England and is therefore referred to as Little England since the British days.
- Kelevarapalli Dam: Constructed in 1995, this dam is situated 10 km from Hosur.
Southindiatourtravel.com provides information on Krishnagiri Tourism and different Krishnagiri Tourist
Attractions places around South India.
<<<Previous : Next>>>