Travel to Bijapur is full of excitement and visiting the historical monuments like the famous Gol Gumbaz and also the mausoleum of Ibrahim Adil Shah II.
Contact us for all tour Tourism / Travel Needs Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Bijapur is famous for its wonderful architecture and is a place of historical importance.
Travel to Bijapur , which is just 530km northwest of Bangalore is also an opportunity to know the culture of Karnataka.
We arrange tours all over India / Across the Globe. For car rentals, Hotel & Bookings contact us at email@example.com
Travelto Bijapur also includes visiting nearby tourist attractions like Hampi, Aihole,Badami etc.
Travel of Bijapur is indeed an insight into Islamic architecture with the minarets, domes and echoing burial chambers.
Bijapur in northern Karnataka with its mosques, mausoleums, palaces, forts of 15th to 17th centuries really transports you to the days of yore.
Places of Tourist Attractions in Travel of Bijapur:
- Gol Gumbaz: This is the most important landmark which you must viist while you are here on tour of Bijapur Travel.
This is the tomb of Mohammed Adil Shah and has the reputation of being the 2nd largest dome in the world.
In Gol Gumbaz there is a mosque,a museum which was earlier a hall for the trumpeters and also the remnants of a guest house.
- Ibrahim Rauza: More famous for its unique symmetry in the design the Ibrahim Rauza in Bijapur served as an inspiration for the Taj Mahal.
It is the mausoleum of Ibrahim Adil Shah II and is constructed on a single rock bed.
- Malik-e-Maidan : Placed on Sherza Burz or Lion Gate this is the largest medieval cannon in the world.
You will find its nozzle shaped in the form of a lion's head with open jaws and an elephant being crushed to death in its fangs.
Really an impressive sight to behold this cannon tinkles like a bell if you tap it.
- Upri Burz: An 80 feet high tower also known as Hyder Burz offers panoramic view of the city.
- Jumma Masjid : When you travel to Bijapur you must visit Jumma Masjid which is one of the finest mosques in India.
Also it has the reputation of being the largest and first mosque in Bijapur.
- Mehtar Mehal: Another attraction of Bijapur travels is the Mehtar Mahal. An intricately designed structure it is believed to be built for the sweepers of the royal household.
- Taj Bawdi : A huge tank flanked by two octagonal towers and majestic arches.
- Asaar Mahal: This was the Hall of Jusctice, here you will also find relics of Prophet Mohammed.
- Gagan Mahal: Tour of Bijapur is not complete until you visit the Gagan Mahal which was a royal palace for some time and there was a Durbar Hall and royal residence as well.
When you travel to Bijapur you may be a part of the Bijapur Music Festival which showcases the renowned artists of Indian music.
Contact southindiatourtravel.com for more information of Travel of Bijapur.
<<<Previous : Next>>>