Travel to Pattadakal is a religious tour to temples here depicting Chalukyan Architecture.
Pattadakal is a World Heritage Centre and is situated on the left bank of the Malaprabha river.
Contact us for all tour Tourism / Travel Needs Email id : email@example.com
Tourist mostly travel to Pattadakal to visit the ten most important temples here.
The unique aspect of the temple here are that they depict both the Dravidian as well as Indo-Aryan style of architecture.
We arrange tours all over India / Across the Globe. For car rentals, Hotel & Bookings contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you travel to Pattadakal which is just 22km from Badami you will find not only ten temples here but also a Jain Sanctuary.
The monuments in Tour of Pattadakal was declared as World Heritage Site in 1987.Places you must visit when you travel to Pattadakal in Karnataka are:
- Virupaksha Temple :The biggest temple here built by Queen Lokamahadevi has a close resemblance to Kailashnatha temple in Kanchi Travel to Pattadakal Karnataka.
Here you will find a large quadrangle surrounded by small cells, and there is a huge gateway.Here you will find sculptures like those of those of lingodbhava, Nataraja, Ravananugraha and Ugranarasimha .
- Mallikarjuna and Papanatha temples which are intricately carved structures.
In the inner hall of the Papanatha temple you will find the statute of Nandi and Virabhadra.
There are 16 pillars in the main hall with beautiful carvings. Papanath Temple is much similar to Navabrahma temples in Alampur,Andhra Pradesh.
- Stop next during your travel to Pattadakal to Sangameshvara Temple ,which was built by King Vijayditya
Satyashraya.Though it is incomplete, it is worth a visit as it is very attractive.
- The Jain Temple here are constructed in Dravidian style and are from the Rashtrakuta Period.
- Museum of the Plains and Sculpture gallery which is maintained by the Archeological Survey of India is another tourist attraction which is a must viit on your Travel to Pattadakal Karnataka.Another attraction of your travel to Pattadakal is The Pattadakal Dance Festival ,an annual fair is organized by the Government of KarnatakaHow To Reach Tour of Pattadakal:
Rail: Badami Railway station is the nearest at a distance of 24 km .
Road: Good network of roads connect Pattadakal with Aihole which is 24km away and Badami which is 29km away.southindiatourtravel.com invites you for the Travel to Pattadakal Karnataka, a World Heritage Site ,contact us for more information.
<<<Previous : Next>>>