Travel to Srirangapatnam is not only a journey through pages in history but also is tranquil retreat on one of the three islands on the River Cauvery.
Srirangapatanma in Karnataka is situated about 140 km southwest of Bangalore and is about 14 km from Mysore.
Contact us for all tour Tourism / Travel Needs Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the biggest of the three islands in the River Cauvery, and measures about 5 km in length and 2km width.
Travel to Srirangapatnam Tours in Karnataka is mainly done by tourist who want to see the erstwhile capital of Tipu Sultan.
We arrange tours all over India / Across the Globe. For car rentals, Hotel & Bookings contact us at email@example.com
Moreover the breathtaking natural surroundings of Srirangapatnam draws tourist in hordes and travel to Srirangapatnam if you want a quiet retreat from the humdrums of city life.
The tourist hotspots which you must visit in the Srirangapatnam tours are
- Tipu Sultan's Fort: Tipu's Fort or Srirangapatnam Fort, with its double wall defense, is a must visit when you travel to Srirangapatnam.
This fort is regarded as the second most strongest in the country with its four gates named as Bangalore, Mysore, Delhi and Water and Elephant gates the Tipu Sultan's Fort is the real crowd puller.Tipu's residence or the Lalmahal, is now only a mound marked by a notice board. The scenic Wellesley Bridge is nearby.
- Sriranganatha Temple: This is a huge temple which presents a perfect synchronization of Hoysala and Vijyanagar architecture.
This temple is most revered by the pilgrims and the name of the town has been derived from it.It is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and here you will find an imposing image of Lord Vishnu.
- Dariya Daulat Baug: Dariya Daulat Baug which means the garden of the riches of the sea is outside the Tipu's Fort .
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace: Constructed fully of teak, the palace has intricate décor of ornate and beautiful frescoes .
Now this opulent building houses a museum of Tipu memorabilia, depicting stories of Tipu's heroism and his loosing battle with the British.Visit this place during your travel to Srirangapatnam to get an insight of the great ruler ,Tipu Sultan.
- The Gumbaz: Here there the tombs of Hyder Ali and Tipu magnificent in structure with ebony door engraved with ivory.
Also here on both sides of the road you will find two structures with domes on top which is typical of Mughal architecture.These are actually lofts for the pigeons which both Hyder and Tipu were fond of.
- Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary, which is just three km if you go on a boat journey upstream . This place is a must watch in your travel to Srirangapatnam if you are an avid bird watcher.How to Reach Srirangapatnam Tours :
Air: Bangalore is the nearest airport from here.
Rail: The nearest railhead is Mysore that is linked to Bangalore and Hassan.
Roads: Good network of roads connect Srirangapatnam to Mysore , Hassan and Bangalore.Contact southindiatourtravel.com if you want to Travel to Srirangapatnam Karnataka to enjoy a historical as well as nature tour.